Thursday, February 24, 2011

There is a way that seems right...

I'm sorry, but if there is truth there is also falsehood. Many people in our world would certainly disagree with me. Society, especially that found in the U.S., chooses to believe that each person can decide for themselves what is right and wrong as long as it does not encroach on choices made by anyone else. Some even believe this to be a modern development, a crowning achievement of our forward thinking society. This is not the case. Mankind has found ways to justify its actions throughout history. Interestingly, when you step back a few hundred years all the justifications look a lot like, "I did it because I wanted to." In this blog, I desire to show you the Truth of God that is found in Jesus Christ.


Proverbs 14:12 reads,

There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.

The apostle Paul follows hundreds of years later with the same statement in Romans 6:23,

"For the wages of sin is death". 

The Bible states that for us to choose our own path in life is wrong, it leads to death. Now lets clear up a few things so there is no misunderstanding. Sin is defined as anything that goes against the will of God. Death, in these verses, isn't refering only to a physical death but also to a spiritual death. At the end of this life we will either be with God for eternity or separated from Him. The good news is Paul isn't finished. Here's the entire verse, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Paul is saying that if at anytime we have turned our back on God, we earn death. God doesn't want us to die and be apart from Him so He provided payment for our debt.

Here's the sticky part...Jesus himself says in John 14:6,

"I am the way , the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Now I know I have offended quite a few people, but there is no getting around it. There is only one way to heaven and that is by accepting God's gift of salvation. This gift was made possible by Jesus' death on the cross. That act paid the price for our mistakes. To accept this gift, we must do three things.

1. We must admit that we have messed up. We must own the wrong that we have done and decide that we want to turn away from it.
2. We must believe that Jesus is God's son and He has paid the price for our mistakes by dying on a cross.
3.  We must confess that Jesus is our Savior and Lord. Simply put, if He is your Lord then you give Him control of your life. You make a pledge to become a follower of Christ.

This the beginning of God's Truth. God has given many more insights into this life and how to live it, but it all starts with acceptance of who we are and who he is. Let me close with this; I only post this blog out of love for my fellow man. In no way do I seek to demeen or offend anyone. If I knew where to find food, and did not share it with someone who was starving I would be a horrible person. I have found something that I want to share. To that end, I will gladly accept comments and questions from anyone that wants an honest discussion. I am not an expert, but I can share with you what I have learned and what God has done for me.

Blessings to you all
*All scripture was taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible*

No comments:

Post a Comment